I can’t even explain how much I have taken away this week. Even though I am leaving my dorm room, the computer lab, and the campus behind , I will take my experience and lessons with me. The 20 new kids I met this week have all impacted me with their intellect, humor, and pure kindness. We are all so different yet somehow we blend together. I have been blown away this week by everyone’s talent, hopefully some of their talent has rubbed off on me. This week has also opened doors to worlds I had locked a long time ago. I have always been resilient to new technology. I have always stuck to Google, Facebook, and Wikipedia. For my group I was assigned to film, cut, and edit the video. As I made mistake after mistake I eventually learned the ropes. Even though this is a cliche, seeing the final project made all the work worth it. When I was five, I had a dream of becoming a movie director but soon after that I transferred my interests to cooking. Maybe 5-year-old me was on to something. Perhaps my new interest could be more than a hobby. When it comes down to it the future is all uncertain but what I do know is I am ready for the challenge.
- Ashley Johnson on The hardest week of my life. The greatest week of my life.
- Natalia Barr on The hardest week of my life. The greatest week of my life.
- Natalia Barr on Liza Bell: Finding her own voice through journalism, Model UN
- Bernard Liebman on William Stieglitz: Using his imagination to the fullest
- Ms. Isom on Glenda Sanchez: Dedicated to journalism – in two languages