When I entered the O’Neill College residence hall at Stony Brook University, the idea of staying in a dorm room away from home for a week seemed almost like a luxury. But only after being in the dorm room for just a moment, the relentless heat struck me and the rock hard mattress began to really sink in. The loud noises, constant footsteps, and the dorm advisors traveling through the halls late at night made it a little tough to fall asleep. And after my pillow fell off the very high and loud bed that makes it impossible get to it without waking my roommate, I began to really appreciate my own bed. But after I sat through one very productive lecture with Charlie and an inspiring press conference with the chief deputy to Samuel Stanley the president of Stony Brook University, Tonjanita Johnson, one difficult night really became worth it.
- Ashley Johnson on The hardest week of my life. The greatest week of my life.
- Natalia Barr on The hardest week of my life. The greatest week of my life.
- Natalia Barr on Liza Bell: Finding her own voice through journalism, Model UN
- Bernard Liebman on William Stieglitz: Using his imagination to the fullest
- Ms. Isom on Glenda Sanchez: Dedicated to journalism – in two languages